Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Making our house a home & capturing memories with photos, lots of photos.

When I started writing this post a few weeks ago I had full intentions of it being a
2012 ~ our year so far post
Somehow it turned more into a
Making our house a home post.
Which I think is just what I was meant to post about in this momment
I do hope to post that 2012 update though, when the time is right.

............................................................


My Family Mission Statement for this year included taking more photos and with the help of
Fat Mum Slims photo a day challenge for the month of January and now February
and the Project 365/366 app I have been taking loads of photos!
I am loving looking back on all the photos I've taken it takes me back to that momment.
I am also really enjoying seeing physical proof that I am working on one of my 2012 goals everyday.

Januarys photos

Another part of the photo goal was to display them some more
whats the point in taking all these photos and only displaying them on facebook?
So I got a little creative and put together a few different photo collages.

the collage in the lounge room

the "love" collage in my room

Another goal on our list was to do with decluttering and organising the house.
I am happy to say I have pretty much decluttered majority of the house there is just a few bits and pieces around to finish doing but overall the main living areas look great!
I now have a study nook 


a work in progress command centre.

I've even had time to decorate with some wooden letters and new lamps.

It really is the small things that make a house a home. ;)

I love coming into our home now, its warm and orgainsed and starting to fill with gorgeous memories in the form of photos.
It feels good knowing I have created a nice little place for me and my babes... well until the end of the year where we'll be packing it all up and re-creating again.
I'm excitied about that though!

Was decluttering and organising on your 2012 to-do list? How are you going with it?

post signature