Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Birthday party circuit ~ It's cut throat!

It's no secret I lost friends over the split and that's cool
It gave me perspective and energy to nurture the friendships I still have.
What I didn't realise, was that to some I would still be classed as a "friend" but only very rarely...
A fb comment or like here a text message there.
The thing that hurts is the physical friendship was lost.
The catch ups and most recently the birthday parties.

My boys were not invited to a few parties and even with no explanation (which would have been nice)
I understand why
you know the whole mutual friend thing who I am no longer friends with etc etc
Well I can only hope that's what the reason was... maybe they just don't like me or my boys anymore?
But all I can think is did these people think that low of that they thought I could'nt co-exist in the same breathing space as another?

I'm not upset that I was forgotten but more so my boys
They are being punished for something that has absolutly nothing to do with them
And we all know what a mother is like when her children are hurt wether they know they've been hurt or not.
All I want for my kids is to be included I don't want them to go through the same pain I have
I don't want them to feel that they aren't good enough.
With master J already being vastly differnt to alot of other kids I am already on an uphill battle,
I thought we had maybe found a place where he was understood and would be accepted always regardless of any indifferences.
Turns out we weren't.

I completely understand when my boys reach school age they won't be invited to every party
Gosh I wouldn't want that anyway
But when you think you are apart of a group where your kids are included and their kids are included regardless of who you do and don't get along with
It is quite an eye opener when they show how they really must feel.
Sadly it all seems to be behind my back.
Yes they are still being nice to my face or should I say my FB profile and my iPhone.

They may or may not read this I'm not too fussed
The only thing I want to say if they do read this is I am not bitching I am not seeing red angry
I am venting.
I am hurt.
Because my boys were hurt
Yeah ok they won't ever know as they are too young
but I know and I won't ever forget the pain that I feel for them.
And maybe I should have said something to them personally... but why? when clearly there is nothing left in these friendships to salvage.

Luckily for my special little man J he has made some little friends at daycare and kindy as well as some of my other friends and his 4th birthday will be a small but fun party for him regardless of others.

As for Lil C?
well his 2nd birthday will be a much smaller affair but thats ok we'll make it extra special.
 
Who knew the birthday party circuit could be so nasty!

Have you ever experienced something like this? How would you handle this? or How did you handle it?


post signature