Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Keeping memories ~ 2012

It's no secret that 2011 was a pretty up & down kind of year for myself and the boys.
So for me 2012 was all about starting a fresh.
I've set a page full of goals, aims & dreams, all acheviable and all exciting.

The motto that seems to cover most of the other goals for our family is:

"Have more fun, take more photos and create more memories"

I love reflecting back on days we've had, remembering the warm fuzzy feeling or the smile on the boys faces 
and now with a new man and his daughter apart of our lives I thought remembering all the fun and adventures we will be having this year we needed a differnt way of documenting these.
Something fun and creative.

Where do you find such inspiration?
Pinterest of course ;)

And what did I find?
There were so many gorgeous ideas.

This one below was the first one I stumbled across awhile ago
which is a jar full of all the things this ladies children were saying.
I pinned it to my board for things I wanted to do ASAP
and never got around to it!
But I have finally found the perfect time and reason to do it!

Then when I searched "memory jars" to see what other inspiration I could find 
all sorts of gorgeous creations came up

Which has inspired me to create MORE memory jars ;)

As I love scrapbooking I thought using the scrapbooking ideas would make our jar a little bit more special but base the idea on, what I would say is the "original."

And I did just that, which resulted in...
THIS :)


I used a jar from a cheap shop, scrapbooking paper, removeable scrapbooking stickers, twine and a white luggage tag.
I think it came together beautifully
I decided to pop something inside to give it a little bit more interest.
The letters inside are the first letters of our first names
(all 5 of us)

Now all we have to do is fill it with photos, ticket stubs, bits and pieces and little notes about... well anything really
It can be a short note about our day or a funny thing one of the kids say
or just an emotion from a certain day.

When New Years Eve rolls around again we will sit down and go through our jar
reminising on all the fun and good times and perhaps some of the not so good too.

I would like to think its going to be a family traditon for our "new" blended family.

I can't wait to see what adventures we get up to this year
2012 is going to be a fabulous year!

How will you be keeping your 2012 memories?
Photos, blogging, journals, scrapbooking or maybe some crafty way?

*edited to link up with the Organised Housewifes Love it, Like it, Link it Party
The Organised Housewife